Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Nixon
DVD released 1996
Running time 212 minutes
Seemed like 400 minutes
** out of 5

Let me be perfectly clear, I liked Richard Nixon. I think he was one of the greatest presidents of the 20th Century. I understand he was paranoid and ignored the Constitution, but he was the most brilliant foreign and domestic policy mind of my life! I did not expect to like this movie from the beginning. That prejudice notwithstanding, this was a bad movie. The characters were merely caricatures, showing only one side of the principals. Anthony Hopkins kept dropping into an Irish brogue, odd for a role coming out of Yorba Linda. David Hyde Pierce played the officious despised John Dean, but who cares. Joan Allen looked hauntingly like Pat Nixon.

Who the heck is Oliver Stone? Has he ever directed anything worth watching? This guy has more conspiracies than Nixon himself.

I will admit, I was interested in the portrayal of the 1960 election, not that I believed it.

I don't want to waste any more time writing about this waste of celluloid. Don't rent Nixon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home